Respiratory Rehab is a multi-disciplinary program for patients with chronic respiratory diseases who are symptomatic and who have a decrease in their ability to participate in daily living activities. Respiratory rehab is designed to reduce the respiratory symptoms, improve functional status and general well being.
Respiratory Rehabilitation helps you to improve your quality of life. Although Respiratory Rehabilitation can't cure your lung disease, it can be of great benefit and you may notice improved breathing effort and less breathing problems. Other benefits include:
- Increased physical fitness.
- Reduced shortness of breath.
- Improved quality of life.
- Improved mood and motivation.
- Improved knowledge and understanding of your lung condition.
- Improved and increased activities of daily living.
- Reduction in hospital admissions.